Already have the perfect domain name for your website? These mistakes may involve certain issues and complications you encountered when buying a domain name! Make to avoid them!
Buying a domain name that is not related to your online business or brand is a huge mistake! And this is not the only mistake business owners make! Too often in their hustle to create a new website or buy a domain name just because it is available, business owners make mistakes! They purchase domains that don’t benefit their business!
In this article, we are going to present you the 5 common mistakes business owners make when buying a domain name:
- Not making it easy to say or write – Some business names are actual domains, for example, buy.com! This doesn’t have to be the case in your situation, but still, you need a name that it is easy to pronounce, easy to spell, easy to say, and easy to write. Also, you need a name that is easy for people to remember and relay to neighbors, co-workers, friends, and etc.
- Paying too much money for a generic domain – It is not recommendable to spend a fortune to buy a generic domain when you can buy a simple but catchy domain name and use the extra money for marketing and branding to promote yourself and your online business.
- Odd spelling – You need to keep in mind that odd spellings may cause disaster. Don’t make this mistake and make sure to avoid odd spelling. Your domain name should be as simple and precise as possible.
- Not doing thorough research – Not only you have to find a domain that is available but you need to ensure that domain includes popular keywords. Ensure the domain name is perfect before buying it.
- Picking a domain out of frustration – It is really hard to find a suitable and great available domain. If you buy a domain name that is easily forgettable and not related to your business or brand at all, you are hurting yourself and your business.
Keep these 5 mistakes in mind and make sure to avoid them before you decide to buy a specific domain name! The domain name represents your business and brand online! It should be short, memorable, and catchy, Don’t settle for anything else than a perfect name for your new website!
— Naren P (@NarenP3) 31 août 2017